Thursday 8 May 2014

love this song - Who was Socrates?

This was on the radio when I drove to work this morning Brian McFadden
Love it  
No one is perfect we all have our human faults today while cleaning (my day job) up in the School Library I picked up a book on Philosophers and the first page I opened to was Socrates and I started to read some of it but thought I had better put the book down and get to work and look him up when I got home which I just did he sounds like my sort of fellow he was about Human ethics and Justice you can read about him here.. Plato was his student here are some Quotes I found online..


 
Socrates wanted to teach his students to think for themselves, ask questions (be sceptical) and to be good by your own standard not by those set out by some one else (so have your own code of ethics to live by), he sounds like he lived by spiritual values to be responsible for your own actions.
"One is to a man who preserves his integrity no real long term harm can ever come"
"Provided your soul remains untouched you misfortunes will be comparatively untouched. Real personal catastrophe consists in corruption of the soul" I wrote them down from the book I was reading.

 Sending Love and light and wishing you a good night with sweet dreams..
xox


No comments: